Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Friday, July 24, 2015

July 24, 2015

HI EVERYBODY!! thanks so much for all the letters and emails :) :) :)

This week (felt like a month) has been so incredible!!! I've learned so much and made so many friends and eaten so much food and said so many prayers and studied so much scripture. I love the work we're doing here so much and I can't wait for 4 more days when I fly down to Arizona and get to start the real thing!!

Ok first thing: spikeball. My new favorite sport. SO much fun! It's like volleyball, but with a little trampoline and you play 2 on 2 and it is like the missionary national sport. Seriously, look it up. You'll thank me. haha

We have 4 investigators, all of which I have come to love so much. Rebekah, Stephen (the big one), Stephen (the small one), and Ny. Each of them are so different, but are so excited to hear what we have to teach them. (They're not real investigators, I think they're paid to do it) but it's such a real experience, and it gets me so excited!

Half of our zone left on tuesday and wednesday, and that was sad to see them go. We've all become such great friends, and I know they're gonna be incredible missionaries!!

I saw more missionaries from home!! Elder Wyatt Anderson, Elder Colton Winegar, Elder Dylan Travis, Elder Aaron Piscione, Elder Cody Robbins, and they are all so excited to be here! It makes me so happy to see my friends with such strong testimonies and so ready to do the lord's work :)

You all remember the story of the 2000 stripling warriors? There are 1997 missionaries as of tuesday. Cool :D

I don't have a lot of time left, so I'm gonna keep this one shorter than last week...sorry haha

Just a quick thought:

How firm a foundation, verse 7

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not, I cannot, desert to his foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, I'll never, no never,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!

I have felt my Savior's love and support so much this week. i couldn't have done everything on my own. 

It was so great to hear from all of you!! Until next week :) 
-Elder Wheeler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment