Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Friday, March 25, 2016

Week 33

Hello Everybody!! :)

The work goes on! Here's this week's highlights:

Finding! Finding new investigators, dropping old eternigators, and
building member missionary work! Elder Phipps got really sick the week
before I got here, and the work died down a little, so we're trying to
turn this place around. We have a lot to do, which keeps us busy :)
speaking of...

Sick! I got to spend all of Saturday in bed. Feeling a little under
the weather all week, and I guess it finally caught up with me. I
slept 18 hours in one day and it felt sooo good. I made it through 6
hours of church Sunday, but passed out when we got home. Feeling
better everyday, hopefully I'll be 100% by tomorrow :)

Mission Tour! Elder Arnold of the 70 came on Thursday, it was awesome!
He doesn't mess around, all of our eyebrows got a little singed. He
had some great advice about finding new investigators and becoming
better missionaries.

DANNY CAME TO CHURCH!! It was awesome! He loved it and really feels
like this is the right thing for him to be doing. We should get him on
a solid baptismal date this week :D

Spiritual thought: In 1 Nephi 17, the lord asks Nephi to build a ship.
I think it's really interesting the first thing he says in response.
He doesn't ask "why?" or "how?" or even "what should I do 
first?" He
asks [paraphrased] "where should I go to get ore, so that I can make
tools to build it with?" Then he makes a bellows and fire and the
tools and starts taking action to accomplish what the Lord asked him
to do. We see the same example with the Brother of Jared. The Lord
asks him what he thinks he should do to obtain light in the barges. He
exercises his faith and makes 16 small stones for the lord to touch
and make shine. Sometimes, our Heavenly Father doesn't tell us all we
need to do. He tells us the end goal, and he promises guidance, but he
expects us to use our agency to press forward in the best way we know
how. D&C 9:7-8 says this pretty clearly too. As we prayerfully and
wisely make our own path towards God's end goal, we show our faith,
earn the trust of God, and most importantly, become more like him.

Great Scott I hope you all have a great st. Patrick's day!

-Elder Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment