Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 2- #eatsleeppreachrepeat

Heyyo!

How's everybody? :)

The work is great!!

This week has been AWESOME!! We have 4 people set to be baptized on
September fifth!!! So the first night I'm here, I don't even have my
suitcase unpacked, and we go visit a referral from another set of
missionaries. Mckenzie, her boyfriend Josh, and her daughter Mariah.
We had a really good lesson (where I mainly bore my testimony and had
no idea what was going on haha) and they were excited for us to come
back the next Wednesday! So we go back a week later and have a really
good lesson again, and they all say they want to be baptized but that
they needed a few months before they felt like they knew enough. Well
on Saturday we took all of them on a church tour, and Mckenzie brought
her other son, Dylan, and they loved it! Mckenzie said she'd never
felt this way about any other church and they all agreed to be
baptized on September fifth!! Even Dylan, who hardly knew anything
about the church. He just really felt the spirit :) All four of them
came to church yesterday and loved it too :) The Lord's hand is part
of every single day. I have sooo much to learn still, but it's
incredible how He can make my best efforts enough to get his work done
:)

Another one I'm really excited about is Antonio! He works a lot and is
hard to get a hold of, but we met with him last night finally and I'm
so glad we did! He is from a very different background, and would have
a lot of work to do, but he has such a sweet spirit and desire to do
what's right. He knows the bible so well and has such a strong love
for Jesus Christ. I've never heard a testimony with so many swear
words before, but the spirit was there so strongly. I know God loves
him a lot :)

Last Tuesday: 115 degrees. Ouch.

Last Thursday morning: it dropped down to 90 degrees. It felt really
good. #youknowyoureinphoenixwhen

This place is crazy but I love it a little more every day :)

Thanks to everybody that writes me, it honestly makes my day! I
promise I'm trying my best to respond when I can!

I love and miss you all! Have fun in your double digit weather :P
 
 
-elder Wheeler 

No comments:

Post a Comment