Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Week 14

Happy Halloween!!!

How was everybody's Halloween? I hope it was good!
Ours was awesome! Our ward did a trunk or treat, and it turned out
really cool! Sadly, none of our investigators showed up. Why would you
not show up to get free chili and candy?? I don't know, but they
missed out. It was really fun! There was some really good chili there,
and I convinced bishop and a few other members of the ward to eat
ghost peppers with me. Ouch. After I could almost taste again, we
risked a walk through the young men's haunted house, which was
actually super cool! President gave us all an early curfew that night,
so we had to leave before the actual trunk or treat started. But that
didn't stop us from bringing home pocketfuls of candy! Haha back in
our apartment, we sprawled out on the couch's pull out bed and watched
the new Joseph Smith movie. Also ate a lot of candy. The other Elders
weren't in the mood for carving our pumpkin though (I was a little
bummed) so we had some journal/study time and hung out in the
apartment. Pretty great night :)

This whole week was a little crazy. Tuesday was normal, and we
contacted a lot of people. Wednesday through Saturday consisted of
helping members of our zone move apartments, helping members of our
ward move apartments, helping investigators with yard work, and a
great district meeting (elder Flynn did an amazing job on his
discussion about the great apostasy). We also had a LOT of cancelled
lessons...kinda disappointing, but we contacted some new people
because of it :)

Other news:

Our upstairs neighbors, AKA the ones who share their wifi with us,
moved on Friday. So, no more wifi in the apartment :( I guess we were
a little spoiled, now we have to go to the front office to send emails
again.

Our roommates, Elder Gardner and Elder Stott are moving out on
Wednesday. They are going to move in with a super awesome member of
the stake presidency. Side note: his wife makes the best chocolate
chip cookies in the mission. Only a little unfair.

I got a little brave today and cut my own hair. Not that I don't trust
Elder Flynn, but I wanted to learn how, juuuuuuuuuuust in case I don't
trust my future companions. Haha I cut Elder Flynn's earlier this week
too, and we both look fabulous!

Apparently we had an earthquake here last night? We didn't feel
anything, but we heard a lot about it today on the news!

Spiritual thought: we have a new transfer scripture! Alma 7:11-12.
This goes hand in hand with the scripture I talked about last week. I
think I may have even shared this scripture before, but it's that
important. The atonement is such an incredible thing. I know it can
help us change into better people. Ive felt it every single day out
here, and I'm so grateful for it! :)

I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment