Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Week 17

Hi everybody!!! :)

This week was awesome! Except We spent all day helping Elder Stott
make pies for thanksgiving, so I don't have a ton of time to write
about it.

Tuesday was a ton of service! We helped serve lunch to the homeless,
and then helped organize toy donations for a Christmas drive :)
(Christmas is around the corner!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah :D)

Wednesday was cool too. We installed Tiwis in all of the mission cars!
They monitor our speed and report bad driving to the mission
president. A lot of missionaries aren't too happy with them, haha.
That night I also did a half day exchange with my district leader,
Elder Dennis, which was super fun. He's a stellar missionary and I
learned some good things from him :)

Friday we also did exchanges, and I was with the District leader's
companion, Elder Bradley. It was also a ton of fun, and I learned some
great things from him too. It made me really grateful to be in the
Glen Lakes area though. They are both super hardworking missionaries,
but their area doesn't have nearly as much work to do. Every area is
different, and I'm really lucky that I was able to be trained here :)

Aiyanna is on track to be baptized this Saturday!! Super exciting :)

Also super excited for Thanksgiving! We might have 3 dinners. :D

Our Mission President challenged us at the beginning of November to
finish the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. Im trying to be
better at studying and reading in my free time, and I think that was
his purpose in challenging us. I'm already in Alma 7 and I'm on track
:) I love the extra measure of spirit that I've felt, even here, as
I've been more diligent in my studies. I know the Book of Mormon is
the word of God. It will invite the spirit, open the doors for
revelation, and strengthen your testimony. I invite all of you to
study it or study it harder :)

Next week is transfers so I won't write til Tuesday. Have a great week!!
Love you all :)
-Elder Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment