Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Week 18



Happy Thanksgiving :)

Transfers tomorrow!! I'm super excited and nervous...President Called
me this morning and told me I'm going to train someone :D I'm honestly
really sad about leaving Elder Flynn, but so excited to train!!

A lot to tell from this week, and not a lot of time to tell it...again...haha

Monday- made pies with the Zone Leaders at the Cathcart's home (none
of which we actually got to taste...) and hung out after.

Wednesday- Juan, a young man from the stake, spent the day with us. We
had a lot of fun and contacted a lot of people. Cool story! We were
biking down a street, and a minivan cuts us off and pulls over and a
Navajo lady jumps out and starts walking towards us. She says they
just moved down from Flagstaff where they were meeting with
missionaries, and they want to finish the discussions and be baptized!
We set a return appointment for later that night! Her name is Jennifer
and she and her husband Kirby are super cool and really just need to
get married to be baptized! (Again, waiting on marriage...)

Thursday- Thanksgiving!!! We had the whole day off! We joined the zone
leaders at the Cathcart's home for breakfast, then headed to the stake
center for some turkey bowl flag football. Disclaimer: I'm really bad
at flag football. Haha but it was a lot of fun. We had a huge
Thanksgiving lunch at the Wright's house, a huge Thanksgiving dinner
at the Brewster's house, and some really good pie at the Schafer's
house. Then we went back to the Cathcart's house and watched the
Testament and ate more food and played headbandz and had a ton of fun.
I have never felt so full in my life. I weighed myself that morning
and that night. 9.5 pounds of food consumed. Yesss

Friday- we spent all week making calls and getting ready for Aiyanna's
baptism! We were so excited! Then, at 9:30 Friday night, exactly 13.5
hours before the baptism was supposed to start, we get a call. They
want to move the baptism to next Saturday the 5th. SWEET. Haha so that
was fun. That was a crazy night, canceling with everybody. But now
their family will be able to come to the baptism, so it all works out
:) Now my trainee will get to have a baptism his first week in the
mission!

Saturday- we got up super early and went to the Temple! It was a great
way to start the day :)

Today- went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time ever (danggg that
place is good) then our whole zone went to president Cathcart's
Chiropractic office and got free spine adjustments. He's super cool
and does a lot for the missionaries.

Great week! Lots of people contacted and lots of good lessons. Side
note: Elder Flynn almost ran over a cat with his bike. Missed it by an
inch. That was definitely a highlight of the week.

Christmas lights and trees are starting to show up!!! It makes me so
excited :D I actually broke down and wore my coat this week. It gets
pretty cold at night! I never would have expected that...

Read Preach My Gospel! I'm learning so many things from a serious
study of this book. I promise that alongside the Book of Mormon it
will strengthen your testimony and give you a greater understanding of
the gospel.

That's all. I love you all! Have a great week!
-Elder Wheeler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment