Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Week 10- General Conference



Hi guys!!


Conference was amazing!! Probably the best one yet :) (of course I say that every time...haha) unfortunately, we weren't allowed to watch at a member's home this time, we had to travel to the dark, relaxing, sleepy, stake center :P haha just kidding, I think I was more awake than any of the other missionaries there. So many good talks and notes to take! oh goodness it's so hard to pick a favorite...I got a lot out of Elder Hales' talk.  I also loved Elder Holland's talk and Elder Foster's! But I think if I had to pick the talk that stood out most to me, the talk by Larry R Lawrence. Asking "What lack I yet" is something I feel will really make me an even more effective missionary and member for the rest of my life!


This week was a ton of contacting! We're trying to add people to our
teaching pool, because we've either baptized, put on date for baptism,
or scared away all of our investigators...haha. Finding some really
cool people with some good potential :)

So today me and Elder Flynn had a little fun today. We bought a hair
cutting kit from Walmart and cut each other's hair. We look FABULOUS.
haha actually turned out really good. I'll send pics today or soon.
 
Crazy to think I've been out almost 3 months! I love it here a little
more every day :)  I'm learning all sorts of new things, and I only have 2 more weeks until I'm done with training! Then I'm a real missionary :D

I hope y'all are doing good! Have a great week :)

-Elder Wheeler :

No comments:

Post a Comment