Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 11

Hi guys :)

This week was cool. Literally. Haha it dropped below 85 once and never
got above 95, it's sooooo nice by comparison :D

It's been a good week though, I'm almost done with training and Elder
Flynn is starting to put more responsibility on me. According to the
12 week training schedule, I get to lead everything starting tonight,
so it's really exciting! I'm almost a real missionary :P

Super good news, we should have 3 baptisms this Saturday! Jolene, and
her two daughters Trayston and Shanneil are ready and excited!! :D
notice I say SHOULD...the only problem is the parents are divorced and
Dad lives on the Navajo reserve and doesn't exactly love the idea. I
don't really understand the whole situation, but there could be some
nasty legal issues if they don't get signed permission from him first.
Sooo we are waiting to hear back from him. But, with a little luck
(and lots of prayers) it should work out! I'll keep y'all posted :)

The work here was slowing down a little bit, but it's picking up
again! Also, transfers is next week, and I feel like change is
coming...
P.S. Next week, my letter will come on Tuesday :)

Cool stories this week:

We were biking home last Monday night, and we passed a hay field.
Which was totally normal, except we looked and the huge stack of hay
bales was on fire! So that was kinda cool! We got to watch the fire
department come and put it out. Also got to teach a guy while we
watched. Not a ton of promise, but it was a good lesson :)

We stopped by this place, Rainbow Donuts. OH MY GOODNESS that place
was life changing. They had the best maple bars I've ever eaten, and
these super good apple cinnamon rolls and this weird strawberry fruity
pebbles donut and both me and Elder Flynn ate way more than we
probably should have...

We had zone meeting Friday and me and Elder Flynn got to teach
everybody about loving the people. Probably the best lesson I've ever
taught! ...in the humblest way :P it's cool to recognize that I'm
starting to learn my stuff, and grow more confident in teaching it :)

Other than that, just doing my best to work hard and be exactly
obedient. There's a lot of rules, but the days where I set goals and
really focus on obeying rules, I feel the spirit so much stronger and
I don't feel as shy or homesick and it's awesome how much of a
difference it makes! :)

Last thing. Something that was brought up in conference, and also zone
meeting, that I thought was really cool.
Smile :)
Go on, do it right now. A big cheesy grin!
"I just like to smile. Smiling is my favorite" (name that movie)
Smiling while you work is so important! It makes it easier to love
people. It builds confidence. If you do it enough, without fail, it
makes you happier. I think it shows God that I really am willing to do
whatever he wants, and I feel the spirit more because of it. That's
something I've been focusing on this week :)

I hope you all are doing great! I love you guys!

Until next week,
-Elder Wheeler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment