Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Week 9- Baptism!!!!



Hi guys!
 
Zone activity today, bowling again! I bowled 4th place in the zone at
a 123 which is a personal best. So yeah, I guess you could say it's
been a good day :) Haha super fun, but it means I don't have a lot of
time...
 
A few AWESOME things this week!
 
free quesadillas? Um, I think yes. Haha a quesadilla truck came to our
apartment complex on Friday and gave he first 50 customers a free
quesadilla. Not just any quesadilla mind you, a legitimate, guacamole
and pork and cheese and who even knows what else on a homemade
tortilla quesadilla. And you bet I was the very first one in line :D
 
MARIAH GOT BAPTIZED!!!!! And I got to be the one to baptize her! :)
She was so excited, like, literally bouncing off walls. They showed up
early to the event so we could explain everything and set everything
up, and we gave her a cordless vacuum and I think she vacuumed the
entire building...twice. Really cool experience though, the spirit was
so strong :) and just as spiritual was the confirmation that Elder
Flynn did 2 days later in sacrament meeting. A mission is a lot of
hard work, but moments like that make it soooo worth it :D
 
A mission is a lot of proselyting, and a lot of service. We spent
Saturday morning helping a lady move into the ward. Among other
extremely heavy things, we moved a couple thousand beanie babies up 3
flights of stairs into her new apartment. Ouch. Those little guys may
look cute and harmless, but when shoved into giant trash bags and
carried up stairs, they will kill you. No joke x)
 
So yeah those are the highlights of the week! I gotta go now, I hope
you all are doing well :) have a good conference week!!!
#imreallyexcited
 
-Elder Wheeler :)
Sent from my iPad





No comments:

Post a Comment