Called to Serve

Called to Serve
Phoenix, AZ

Friday, October 23, 2015

Week 12

Hi everybody :)

This week was awesome! It's been 12 weeks, and now I'm done with
training! I'm a real missionary now!! Aaaaaaaaaaaah it's crazy to
think I only have 7/8 of my mission left! It makes me just wanna go
baptize everybody right now!! Haha :)

This week was transfers, and I was totally nervous about switching
everything up, but we found out last night that I get to stay with
Elder Flynn for at least another 6 weeks! Which Is awesome! He's one
of the most dedicated missionaries in the mission, and just a solid
guy :)

The work this week was pretty uneventful, just a lot of it. A lot of
contacting new people and some really good lessons!

The weather this week, however, was CRAZY. we had 105 degrees and dust
storms and rain and hail and flooding and wind and knocked over trees
and all sorts of crazy stuff. Storms here are weird, they come out of
absolutely nowhere, rain harder than I've ever seen for 5-10 minutes,
then completely clear up. 30 minutes later there's not a cloud in the
sky, just flooded streets everywhere. Those are fun to bike
through...haha. Nothing like Idaho weather that I'm used to!

Highlight of the week: Trayston and Shanneil recieved permission from
their dad, so we were able to baptize them and their mom Jolene on
Saturday!! I personally baptized and confirmed the girls, and it was a
really cool spiritual experience :)

Other news: our roommate Elder Ogden headed home yesterday. He was a
great missionary, and I looked up to him a lot :) that's the funny
thing about missionaries. when one of them goes home, it's like a
feeding frenzy over their old stuff. A bunch of broke teenage boys
fighting over clothes and shoes and food and hair gel and who knows
what else...haha it was a first for me. I did ok though, I got a cool
speaker system and some workout gear :D

That's about all I have time for, we have a dinner to get to.

I hope you all are doing good! Have a fantastic week :D

-Elder Wheeler :)

No comments:

Post a Comment